Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ - Page 2 Empty Re: The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ

Post by Dred (Admin) Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:03 am

Draegyn 11

Draegyn turned to see his white haired sibling behind him, smirking at his predicament. His face contorted into a sneer as he crossed his arms and turned back to the giant man in front of him. The man's hand was outstretched in front of his face, and nearly twice the size of his head.

A grimace pulled itself across his face as his rolled his eyes and shook the giant's hand. "I suppose I understand. Stick me with anymore questionable creatures, however, and we may have a quarrel." He looked up at the giant with a confident smirk.

Draegyn's outter appearance seemed to be one of fearless confidence, but inside, he was somewhat wary of this new large man in front of him. He looked to be quite strong, far more so than Draegyn was. Perhaps he could be used as a guardian, maybe even a pawn in Draegyn's grand quest.

"You wouldn't happen to be a hired sword, would you?" Draegyn asked the large man with a wide grin. 
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

https://planetexitium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ - Page 2 Empty Namaarie 17: Answers.

Post by Gabriel PH Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:15 am

"I've found out that the blue-haired woman is no threat to me," Namaarie said to Draegyn has his smile left his face. Namaarie recognized that grin, he'd seen many times before. Usually before Draegyn tricked Namaarie into doing or saying something at the most inopportune time. "That doesn't explain why you're here though, Draegyn. If you didn't send that horde of people to kill me in my cottage, then who did?"
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ - Page 2 Empty Re: The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ

Post by Jaximus Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:24 am

Jaximus 5

Jax was very glad to have avoided that conflict. Most men were terrified of him, but this man seemed to see a purpose for Him.

"A sword for hire? Well, I don't carry a sword. Just that shield. Never been good with a sword, they all feel like toothpicks to me. But if you were to need my assistance, I would gladly provide it. I'll even make you a deal, you keep food in my belly, and find me a pair of boots that fit me, and I'm your man. No other payment needed."

Jax grinned at the man.

"Though I don't know why you would be needin' my help. I'm hardly past the age of most squires, being only 16. Is this your brother?"

Jax glanced at the white haired figure.

"My name is Jaximus, by the by. Jax for short. Though a lot of locals have been calling me The Snow Bear on account of my shield. Who might you gentlemen be?"

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ - Page 2 Empty Namaarie 18: Ignore me at your own risk.

Post by Gabriel PH Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:34 am

Namaarie shook the large boy's hand, but had no time for pleasantries. "My name is Namaarie, I am Draegyn's older half brother. You seem to be a kindhearted young man, but youth also beckons naivete. The Galvanized City is a strange and manipulative place, nothing and no one is as it seems," Namaarie glanced at his younger brother. "Do not trust this place and furthermore, do not trust Draegyn. He will dispel all altruism you have in your heart."
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dred (Admin) Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:55 am

Draegyn 12

Draegyn pulled himself upright at the sound of Namaarie's words. "Someone tried to assassinate you back home? Good lord," he paused, pacing back and forth. "I may already be too late. By gods I hope not. I have to hurry." For the first time in their lives, Draegyn looked at Namaarie without hatred. "I'm trying to save mother and father. There's been talk of someone trying to plot against the king and his loyal servants. I don't care about everyone else, I'm just trying to save mother and father."

He turned the giant man who had been talking. "Your age has nothing to do with your usefuless...er...bear. That's what I'll call you. Bear." He said, a bit of playfulness in his voice. Calling the giant by his name would give the impression that Draegyn was an equal to him, and he would never allow that. "In fact, we need to get to work right away. We'll have to get you a pair of those new boots fast, so let's get going. We don't have time to wait until morning."

Draegyn turned to look back at his half breed brother, a bit of a sneer coming across his face at the words his spoke, trying to ruin his new body guard's loyalty. He immediately rid himself of the ill mannered facial expression and looked his brother directly in the eyes, a sense of urgency clear between them. "Half br-brother," he quickly corrected himself, "What did these people trying to attack you look like. It is imperitive that I know for certain that you are at risk for the same reasons that I am. I don't understand how that could be, but I wouldn't put it past the assassins. They will stop at nothing to overthrow the throne, and kill anyone in the process."
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:09 am

Jax glanced eagerly at the 2 brothers. Now he was getting somewhere!

"I haven't been on the road a full moon cycle and I'm already involved in a plot to save the royal family?"

This started going to his head. Bear. That's what Drago....Draegyn? Whatever that guys name had called him. He liked that.

"Where the hell are we going to get boots big enough to fit me, Dragon?" Jax stared at him, waiting for an answer.

"And don't worry about sleep. I don't need to sleep!" He was talking very quickly "we could get going now, if you wanted!"

Then it occurred to Jax where they might be going.

"ARE WE GOING TO THE CASTLE?" His voice grew so loud it almost shook the walls. "I've never seen a castle up close before!"

Turning to Naamarie, "If your father is the king. Or was your mother the queen? And how are you only half brothers? Royalty doesn't breed outside of the holy unity?!?"

A lot was happening very quickly and his head was beginning to spin.

I need to slow down, he thought to himself....

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ - Page 2 Empty Namaarie 19: Who flipped the script?

Post by Gabriel PH Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:32 am

Namaarie eyes glazed over in defeat. This child is going to die as Draegyn's pawn. "Draegyn and I share the same father... If you don't know how royal men can be... they can be quite fickle, they tend to do whatever they want no matter the cost,no matter who gets hurt," he sighed. Namaarie glanced at his younger brother, "It was dark and I couldn't get close enough to see their faces. They looked like purebloods though." Namaarie felt unsettled knowing this young man- this child was about to throw his life away to someone who was legitimately the worst. This growing dissonance rattled in Namaarie, it thrashed like a tantrum within him. "Damnit, Draegyn," Namaarie said to himself. "Jax, if you insist on traveling with my brother... let me protect your best interests as you protect his. You possess such massive physical strength, but your mind is not yet mature." He again glanced at his brother, "What ever card you have up your sleeve, you can keep it Draegyn. I can't stop this child from protecting you, but I will do my best to protect you from him." Namaarie could not believe what he was about to say, "Besides, If what you are saying about our family is true, it is for the best that we stick together. It will be far easier to eliminate us if we are separated, and I'm sure our enemies will be counting on that."

Then the most awful realization occured to Namaarie, what if this was Draegyn's greatest scheme yet? Draegyn is the master of chance occurrence, he has the best luck around. What if this was all a ploy to force Namaarie into an alliance? He knew that Namaarie couldn't let him do to another what he forced Namaarie to endure. "This is the greatest form of torture," Namaarie thought to himself. Namaarie then scowled at his smug younger brother, "As much as I would hate to admit it, we need each other, and this man child if we are to have any chance to survive."
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dred (Admin) Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:51 am

Draegyn 13

Draegyn thought carefully as the giant was rambling on, ignoring his words completely until he practically made Draegyn fall from his incredibly loud voice. He pressed his finger to his lips and looked up at the giant man. "We're going to have to work on your overexcitement, Bear." He said sternly.

He turned to his half brother and listened to his words with intent for the first time in his life. "As much as it pains me to agree with you, I'm afraid I have no other choice. Do as you wish to protect the boy, but I'm sure he know's I would never intentionally hurt him," he lied through his teeth, grinning slightly at Namaarie. "I don't know where to start, though. I asked the pub keeper earlier if he knew anything about what I was looking for - the elixir of life, and he became angry. The inn keeper seemed to know a bit, only that the caine family had something to do with it. I suppose we could ask around for some information as to where they are located."

He paced back toward the giant a few steps, the blue haired crazy man catching his eye and stopping him in his tracks. "Perhaps we should do something about him," he addressed the giant, pointing at Benvah. "I think it would do just well to lock him in room he came from." He started walking in the opposite direction, toward the entrance of the inn. "I suppose if it will ease your mind, Bear, you can mention it too the innkeeper on our way out."
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:41 pm

Jaximus 7

Jax looked at Namaarie thoughtfully. He didn't honestly know what the intentions of these 2 were. Jax did know, however, the cruelty that befell half breeds first hand. He knew how cruel pure bloods could be.

"I thank you, sir, but you need not feel obligated to protect me. Though your companionship is a welcome offer. It seems your relationship with your brother is strained, and I do not take that lightly."

Jax considered the way the Highborn had acted when he first saw the Blue haired girl. Not the way man treats a young woman. But she had harsh feelings about the white haired man too. He also didn't know anything solid about any of these people.

"I'll let the bar keep know he is in the room as we leave. Now, if you don't mind I will collect my shield and we can see about those boots. My feet hurt something awful!"

He looked down at his big hairy toes, plump and swollen from the traveling he had done since he was dispelled from his Village. Perhaps my master would be glad I'm making friends. Maybe I'm a fool for trusting anyone in this city.

"The Galvinized city is a strange and manipulative place, nothing and no one are what they seem" Naamarie's words rang in his ears. What are the chances he would meet royalty in the first Inn you thought to stay at?

"Well, Drogon, you have my shield" he smiled slyly, mispronouncing Draegyn's name intentionally "But Naamarie, you have my trust."

Jax bowed his head and went to gather his things from the room....

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ - Page 2 Empty Namaarie 20: Slight relief.

Post by Gabriel PH Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:48 pm

"So you can think for yourself, that's a good sign. Trust your better judgement, Jax, regardless of what anyone else says. Your instincts come from the lessons your ancestors learned." Namaarie slightly smiled at him, he thought that he might Jax to Draegyn like he lost everything else. He also noticed Jax's swollen feat that had to be bothering him. "I can heal your feet for you, that is if you want. But whatever ails your feet will eventually return until you get sturdy boots." Namaarie placed his foot next to Jax's, and his eyes widend. "I'm not quite sure they make boots that come in your size, and if they do, I don't think they'd be called boots at all."
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dred (Admin) Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:53 am

Draegyn 14

Draegyn smiled smugly as the giant spoke of taking care of himself. When the two were speaking about getting new boots for Bear, he rolled his eyes. "Look, all we have to do is take him to a seamstress for a custom fit. It's not that hard."

He quickly turned and started walking toward the entrance. "Now can we get moving? We have a lot to do and very little time to do it." He shouted as he was walking toward the door. He didn't bother looking back as he opened the entrance and padded out into the streets. He assumed the other two would follow him as he tried to find the nearest seamstress shop. Unfortunately, the boots would have to wait until morning, as the shops were all closed.
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:33 am

Jaximus 8

"I would very much appreciate the help healing these sores. I was about to do it myself before all this ruckus went about."

Jax was greaful that he wouldn't have to bend over to fix his own feet. They were very far away.

After Draegyn spoke, Jax looked at Namaarie and screwed up his face.

"A seamstress? I was thinking more like an armorer."

Perhaps Draegyn was right. Beggars can't be choosers.

Jax threw his giant shield onto his back and started to follow The brother.

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ - Page 2 Empty Namaarie 21: Proving my point.

Post by Gabriel PH Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:49 am

Namaarie didn't budge. "I can heal them right now you know, it would only take a second. Just sit on the front steps and scrape away as much dirt as possible." Namaarie shook his head at Draegyn, "How could you expect him to fight for you if you won't even provide him proper equipment? He needs proper boots, that means from a blacksmith because your typical armory won't have his size." Namaarie sat down on the steps waiting for the two of them to return. From the very beginning, he is already having to look out for Jax's best interest. "Didn't I warn you...?" He thought to himself.
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dred (Admin) Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:51 am

Draegyn 15

Draegyn looked around until he found a sign with a threaded needle etched into its bark. "This will have to do," he muttered to himself.

"Bear, we will have to get you fitted here before we can apply armor to the boots. Once we have a base pair for you, we can take them to a blacksmith around here and hopefully he'll be able to create some guards for you."

Draegyn rapped loudly on the seamstress's door until an elderly woman approached and opened it. "Can I help you?" Her voice was both polite and brittle. She was clearly on the cusp of her final years.

"My companion here needs a new set of feet." Draegyn replied blandly. "I haven't the time to wait until morning and i will pay double your running fare." He patted the coinpurse he had replaced from his rucksack for assurance.

The old woman seemed hesitant, but stepped aside, waving for both of them to enter the shop.

"Come, Bear. She'll set you up with some boot bases." Draegyn spoke, steppin inside the shop and gesturing for his new companion to follow.

*Draegyn leaves this thread and enters Belim's Emporium of Threads.*

Last edited by Dred (Admin) on Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:26 am

JAXIMUS 9

Jaximus stepped into the small building, well, normal sized building. And looked around. Tapestries of cloth were strewn about the walls, tables, and chairs. The woman who had answered the door gawked up at him, down at his feet, and then back up at his face. He gave her his biggest, goofiest grin.

Whispering to the woman "He said he'd pay double the normal fair, but I think that these..." He wiggled his toes at her "might have already been an extra charge"

The woman was wide eyed. Jax refocused that grin towards Draegyn.

"Hey Dragoon, thanks for the new feet!" Then gave him a wink. "Naamarie, think you can work on my feet while this lady sees if she has enough of any material to make shoes for me?"

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ - Page 2 Empty Namaarie 22

Post by Gabriel PH Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Namaarie sighed. "If Draegyn is to lead us, he will lead us down a path of self-destruction," he thought to himself. Namaarie then stood up and walked to the seamstress's shop. He saw one old lady. Surely she wasn't working by herself, there had to be others. Then he saw Draegyn toss 150 gold coins at the woman because, to Draegyn, money can fix everything.

*Namaarie Exits to the Seamstress's shop.*
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum