Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ

Post by Dred (Admin) Tue May 24, 2016 8:07 am

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ 1538365-1326907557

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ YblbUM4

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ 2qjwoxk

The streets of Inferos Cisternæ were gilded with bronze and copper pipes and trim. The granite and limestone buildings and walkpaths provided for a neutral feeling city. No one would look at this place and assume poverty nor prosperity.

Despite the fact that their planet was slowly crumbling into nothing, the people of Inferos Cisternæ seemed to love their city, which had not yet been affected by the destruction. None of the locals seemed bothered that their home was withering away, thought the people did seem very busy as they were bustling about. In and out of shops they went, many wearing formal work attire that strangely contrasted with the few beggars that ornamented the streets, which were dirty and disheveled. Their clothes were ripped and stained and their hair long and their nails uncut and chipped. The few beggars that were orcs appeared to have yellowed tusks chipped with decay.

It was highly unclear what race was native to the Inferos Cisternæ, as the people seemed to be incredibly diverse. There were orcs, high elves, witches, warlocks, reptilians, ghost beings, ghouls, slime entities, vampires, faeries, and even stonemen. Although, the witches, warlocks and vampires all appeared to be of some human descent.

The only race that was clearly not native to the Galvanized City was the blood elves. The very few blood elves that were rarely seen on the streets were always sneered at and whispers grew as they walked by. It was unclear why so many of the locals had such disdain for the blood elves, but didn't seem to mind the vampires. The lore had always told of the blood elves being barbaric people, eating flesh and drinking blood, but these systematic tropes rarely seemed to have any truth to them.

Last edited by Dred (Admin) on Sat May 28, 2016 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

https://planetexitium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Namaarie 1: The Child of No One.

Post by Gabriel PH Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 pm

The gates of the city closed behind Namaarie's back. Fear had crippled his heart as he wondered if this new place would treat him with as much disdain as his homeland. Before taking a step forward, Namaarie analyzed his surroundings. He saw a wide range of variance, unlike anything he had ever encountered in the Emerald City. There were two major groups in The Emerald City, the Purebloods and the Halfbreeds. Only the Purebloods could access nobility and fortune. The Halfbreeds were destined to live in poverty like the generations that came before them. But here in The Galvanized City, Namaarie could see no clear distinction between the haves and the have nots. Sure, there were people who looked more tidy, but the binary that Namaarie was used to was nowhere to be found. For some reason, this was a relief to Namaarie, who, in reality, did not actually exist in either category.

Namaarie began to wander around, as he usually does, his curiosity could get the better of him sometimes. He walked through various stands that composed the bazaar. He saw a silk stand that sold the softest and most pure fabrics with intricately etched details. He recognized some of the fabrics in his step mother's formal gowns. Perhaps, this is where they came from. As he continued, he smelled the faintest smell of the sweet perfume of almond extract. It was a hypnotizing scent. Namaarie felt compelled to find the source of the scent so he traveled through the crowds that filled the bazaar until he found an extremely old woman slouched over a table. It was covered with a thin magenta cloth that looked as old as the woman herself. Slightly to the left of the old woman, whose eyes were closed at the table, was a small dish of oil and below it was a candle heating it. Namaarie now realized where the scent was coming from but was confused about why this woman had set up shop here. He contemplated approaching her but figured that it was better to let her sleep. After all, there was plenty of other places to explore. As Namaarie began to turn away, the old woman lifted her head and opened her eyes. She turned toward him so that he could clearly see her milky gray pupils.

"Have you come to see me?" the woman asked as more of a statement rather than a question.

Namaarie was somewhat uneasy at the sight of her dead milky eyes, "No, sorry, I must have gotten lost, I was looking for something else-"

"Look no more, child. Sit." She pushed a stool away from under the table and gestured toward it.

Backing away, Namaarie says, "No really, I was just heading the opposite direction-"

"No one finds me unless they are looking for me, sit."

Reluctantly, Namaarie proceeded to sit at the table with the pleasant smell of almond extract, but now that he was so close to the woman, he could also smell the sent of old age.

The old woman reached out her hand for his. Apprehensively he places his in hers.

The old woman's eyes slightly widened then turned to a squint  as if she is straining to read something up above "Your blood is murky... like rain water... There is something about it that is... off about it... Oh... I see... But I do not yet understand..."

Namaarie has started to feel as though something has gone wrong. Suddenly, he feels something swell from deep inside of him. "I think I'm going to be sick..." He tries to pull his hand away from the old woman, but she holds on tighter.

"Wait! I can almost see it! Three paths that lead to one... the child of No One."

By now, the sickness in his abdomen had grown into a roar, "Let go of me!" A force, as if to be a magnetic pulse, forced them apart.

The old woman stands up straight and adds distance between the two of them, "You are an abomination!" She then yanks the cloth from the table and disappears into thin air beneath it.

Namaarie then collapsed to the grown and blacked out.

Last edited by Gabriel PH on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Nerisella 1: Benvah and the Stranger

Post by Cateyeniki Sat May 28, 2016 9:32 am

As Nerisella came upon the gate to this new city, she decided to quickly change her skin tone not sure of who she might encounter in this new area. Spotting a young man ahead of her with tan like skin, she concentrating on the pigment, Nerisella felt a tingling sensation travel throughout her body as she inspected her hand ,and her usual blue pigment was changed to a nice tan one.

Smiling lightly, she continued through the city gate an came upon bustles of various races jammed in the streets who carried on with their errands. She's been to a lot of cities in her travels, but this one took the cake. Nerisella never seen so many different races packed into one place before and the variety of stands and shops that littered up and down the streets amazed her. Noticing the same young man whom she borrowed the skin color from, she noticed how hesitant he seemed with his movements and decided to follow him around before she got to work. Besides, everyone needs a little bit of fun in their lives.

Following the white haired man through the bazaar, she noticed his gaze going back and forth between the different stands that sold an array of items. He lingered at the silk stand that had some beautiful fabrics that would look amazing around Nerisella's plump form. She stopped for a moment as her gaze stopped on a certain piece of fabric. It was a deep red with gold embroidery around it in elegant patterns that gave the fabric a personality all its own.

"How much?" Nerisella started folding the fabric in a neat square to put in her knapsack.

"A little to nice for you isn't it?" The stand owner looked down at her, his gaze piercing hers.

"I think it'll suit me just fine sir, now, how much?" Pulling out her gold sack, she sat it down on the wood surface.

"40 gold coins." He grumbled out, holding his hand out awaiting the payment.

Giving the rude man the payment, she stuck the beautiful fabric into her knapsack and turned towards the crowd in search of the white haired man she was following only to not see him in the huge crowd before her. Shrugging, Nerisella continued through the stands seeing if anything else caught her eye. Not paying attention, she smacked right into someone, she stumbled back a bit and before she looked up, she felt a hand grip her forearm tightly. Looking up, she gasped at the man before her.

"So this is where you've been." Smirking down at her, he started to drag her away.

Nerisella started thinking quickly, her eyes darting all over the bazaars stalls until she spotted a well behind a few stalls. Grinning in victory, she dug her heels into the ground making the man stop and turn to her.

"I'm sure if you beg for forgiveness you won't be put to death." Gripping her chin he added, "Maybe he'll arrange a marriage to someone who can control you, I'm sure you'd look ravishing in white."

"I don't think any of those things will be happening anytime soon Benvah." Lifting her hand, she felt the well water's vibrations as the liquid wrapped around her arm as she swung it in front of Benvah making him fly a few feet away from her. She sent another wave at him sending him further back before she turned and sprinted through the crowds.

Looking back once in a while, she noticed he was following her as she came to a stop. Panting a bit, she put her hands on her knees and tried to control her breathing. A sudden smell invaded her nose as she looked up and decided to follow it, if anything to get away from Benvah in case he was following her secretly.

Making her way through the crowds once again, she followed the smell until she saw the same white haired boy, a smile coming onto her face as she was filled with excitement. She watched as the old woman talked to him, but he didn't look so good. Nerisella wanted to intervene sine the man looked like he was going to be sick, but this was not her place to do such a thing and instead chose to look on.

She jumped a bit as the woman screamed at the man and the old hag promptly disappeared beneath her cloth as the white haired man fell over and blacked out. Turning around the other beings around the stalls didn't even bat an eye at the incident and continued on like nothing happened. Nerisella let out a sigh of irritation and decided to help the boy out. Walking over to the blacked out stranger, she struggled to pick him up, but once she did, she threw him over her shoulder and started to make her way to the nearest Inn.

Glancing up at the sky, she heaved a sigh. "You're so lucky I'm a nice girl, mister."

Last edited by Cateyeniki on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Cateyeniki
Cateyeniki

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Namaarie 2: Hostile Travels

Post by Gabriel PH Sun May 29, 2016 2:42 am

As Namaarie fell to his knees, his consciousness was flung from his body. In this shapeless form, he found that his senses and general awareness extended far beyond the immediate confines of his body. His first instinct was to find where the old woman had gone. In his ethereal form, he glided over to the pink cloth on the ground, which was now overexposed in the sunlight. It almost seemed that the color was so pungent that it started to radiate into the air around the cloth. As he moved closer to the cloth, he felt something tugging him toward it, like vortex or a black hole. As if getting too close to the cloth might suck him into another dimension, where he might find this old woman. All the while, Namaarie felt the magnetic pull that connected his mind to his body weaken as he was being carried away by some stranger. "Do I follow where this cloth might lead me or do I return to my body?" As Namaarie pondered, he noticed the radiation from the cloth start to diminish, his options were dwindling away. Who knows what either woman has in store for him. At a loss, Namaarie chose the option that was closer in proximity to him, the cloth. The pink radiation, which was whipping like the flame of a torch caught in the wind was noticeably smaller now. With haste, Namaarie reached into the flame and was immediately sucked in. With a blink, the cloth was gone and reemerged on the dirt floor of a small limestone house.

As Namaarie reappeared from the cloth in some inscrutable way, he braced himself for what he might encounter. The first movement that caught his mind's eye was the serene dance of the window curtain drifting in the wind. He moved toward the window to look out and saw that the window had no glass covering it. Whoever lived here must have been poor, there living conditions were similar to his and he definitely considered himself poor. Outside, the sun was beating down on the trees and nature that surrounded the hut. There was a rabbit that was sunbathing and listlessly sprawled out in the grass. The heat that beat down on this secluded island in the forest had inhabited all that lived here. The sun and heat sucked any urgency a creature might have almost as if under the effect of a calming or sleeping spell.

Realizing he had gotten distracted, or maybe succumb to the effects of a potential spell, Namaarie turned back from the window to the interior of the hut. It was a barren place, any non magical being might mistake it for abandoned,  but Namaarie could recognize even the faintest presence of a magical being, especially in his astral form. The hut only had one room, however, so where was this person? Untethered by his body, he inspected the outside and confirmed there was only one room. Additionally, there was no trap door leading to some underground cellar. He returned to the empty shed of a hut and tried to focus on the frequency of the magical being. After what felt like an hour, it became clear that whoever this was, was trying to conceal their presence and deter any potential threats with magical wards. Namaarie wasn't quite sure what to do, he wasn't strong enough to break these wards or decipher the magic used encrypt this being, and he no longer felt the magnetic pull of his body and therefore wasn't able to travel back. His only other option was to wait.

Namaarie had never traveled far away from his body, nor had he ever spent a great deal of time away from his body so the prospect of doing either, let alone both, was somewhat concerning to him. While he contemplated his own existence, he heard the mumbling of a voice that sounded somewhat like the old woman. When he listened closely, it sounded like the woman was behind a wall. "How could that be?" He wondered. On the other side of the wall was the outside world, perhaps the woman had returned to the hut and was currently outside. However, when he checked again, there was no one there. He stood on the other side of the wall in the tall grace and to his surprise, he heard the same voice on the other end. Something wasn't making sense. How could the voice sound like it's outside when he's in the hut and then sound like it's inside when he's outside the hut? He decided to return inside and try a spell. Spells were always dangerous for novices to attempt, the wording had to be just right or something could go catastrophically wrong. He didn't even know if he could perform a spell in his astral form. He was never able to act upon objects in his astral form but he didn't know if spells worked. He did interact with the pink cloth that brought him here but that was more the cloth's magic than his. When writing spells, they must be as simple as possible. The wording must also be concise. Magic is fickle in that way, for him at least. It tends to act on any other interpretation that could possibly be derived from the spell other than what the caster actually meant. So spells easily backfire for a novice such as Namaarie.

Usually, Namaarie would write down the spell and work it out in an almost scientific manor with a system of checks and balances to ensure that the spell was valid and effective. Science was the child of alchemy and, in turn, alchemy was the child of witchcraft. They were most assuredly related. In attempting to perform a spell, another obstacle became apparent. Namaarie had no mouth or body in this form. How would he speak it? Could he merely think the spell into action? "If a voice has made the seen become unseen... reverse the echo... and lead it to me...?" Namaarie winced has he finished his spell, usually his spells resulted in some sort of pain. Before him, a string appeared on the floor against the wall. Suddenly, the string began the slide up the wall and in the path it traveled, a slit of light followed. The red string traced out the frame of a door and the light that followed the trace quickly caught up and disappeared with a blink when the rectangle was finished. Surprisingly, the wall looked the same. Was his spell not powerful enough? Namaarie moved closer to the spot on the wall and he could hear the voice more clearly now. As he leaned up against it, it was as if he fell through the wall into another room in the hut. As he looked up, he saw a slighly bigger room that was filled with all types of trinkets and herbs. In the corner, he saw the woman. It looked like she was packing in a panic. She had a pile of clothing, books, bottles of potions, and petrified animals, floating in a trail behind her. She would just mumble the name of an item and as she passed it, it would become weightless and follow her.

"The old woman..." Namaarie said to himself, his words stopped her in her tracks. Could she have heard him? How could that be possible, no one had ever heard him before? "Who's there?!" She demanded. Her pupils were will a milky gray color, but now she didn't seem so blind. Her eyes moved with purpose, scanning the entirety of the room. "Show yourself! Whatever method you have employed to cloak yourself is useless here. You cannot hide from one who doesn't rely on eyesight to see!" She braced herself and stabilized her footing. "It is you, The Child of No One...? I will banish you back to the pits of hell from whence you came!" She raised her hands as they were antennas that tuned into the the magical frequency that all magical beings could feel. "I banish you from the fifth dimension, between the veil of all possible worlds. I return thee, foul heathen, for you are not welcomed here!"

As if he had fallen off the side of a cliff in the pitch black night, Namaarie fell in reverse into what felt like an infinite darkness. He saw the old woman cross her arms as he fell into what felt like a trap door. "I'm going to die..." He said to himself, feeling that his story was ending too soon.

With a gasp, Namaarie jerked awake. He was sitting in a chair, soaking wet. Before him was the blue haired woman that carried his unconscious body away.

Last edited by Gabriel PH on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Nerisella 2: Old Thoughts Arise

Post by Cateyeniki Sun May 29, 2016 7:52 am

As Nerisella trudged down the dirt streets of the city, she was heaving, the stranger still dangling from her shoulders, swinging every which way. "I don't know what happened to you mister, but whatever it was, it sure messed you up." Stopping for a moment, she adjusted the man on her shoulder once more and looked around hoping an Inn would appear soon so she could rest in a safe place.

Gazing down the narrow street with the few people that scattered the area, she noticed a sign swinging slightly due to the light breeze that filtered through. It was slightly chipped away, but still readable, the while letters big and prominent against the bright red background. It read 'Hashburn Inn', smiling in victory, Nerisella sped up her pace towards the entrance. Stepping onto the wooden stairs, it creaked under hers and the stranger on her shoulders weight. Walking up to the front desk, the man behind it smiled until he glanced at the man on her back, the smile morphing into one of confusion. Swallowing her nerves, she gave the man a wide smile and waved at him with her free hand before taking her coin bag out and putting it on the desk."One room please." Unraveling the top of the bag, ready to pay the fee. The man narrowed his gaze, looking between her and the man on her shoulder.

"Before I give ya the room, tell me what the hell happened to him." The man nodded his head towards her shoulder as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh you know, couldn't hold his whisky down at the pub. He's always been such a light weight, always thinks he has something to prove to me." She let out a laugh and patted the unconscious man's back. The man behind the desk let out a laugh as he turned around to fetch a key to a room and handing you the key.

"Ah, I get that little lady. Well, here's your key, you're in room 3 which is down the right hall over there and if ya need me, I'll be right here. It'll be 50 coins for the night."

Nodding her head, she dug through and got the right amount of coins handing them to the man before giving him a small smile, putting the coin bag away and taking the key back out as she shuffled towards the right hall the man pointed to and walked past a few doors marked with various numbers, some chipped and some barely readable. Finally getting to room 3, she unlocked it and kicked it open before stepping in and kicking it closed. Observing the room, it had 2 twin beds, a plan dresser with a mirror attached, a chair with a basin beside it and a single window with tattered curtains.

Seeing the chair, she headed over to it and carefully placed the white haired man onto it as she groaned out in relief and started to massage her sore shoulder softly sighing in satisfaction at the feeling of the sore muscles becoming relaxed once again. Turning her attention to the inviting looking bed, she gave one last look to the out cold stranger and shrugged making her way the the nearest bed. Plopping onto the bed, she sighed in contentment, no, it wasn't soft in the least, but it was something to rest on and she was grateful for that. Snuggling into the pillow, she let her eyes close briefly as her mind began to wonder.

The first thing that popped into her mind was Benvah, yes, the man that practically dragged her down the street earlier, that's the first thing she thinks about. As funny and weird as it was, he always found his way back to her thoughts and he has for the past two years. That's how long he's been after her, two long years since she ran away from her community. The leader of their community arranged to have Nerisella and his son, Benvah to wed on the eve of her birthday two years ago, but she refused, she didn't want to tied down at such a young age and to have someone tell her what her future was going to be just didn't set right with her.

She still remembers that day so clearly, the way the guards had her at sword point, the sharp metals digging slightly into her blue skin, some cutting through, the way her leader looked at her with such rage as he yelled out at her and most of all, the look of horror and what she could only describe as heartbreak on Benvah's face. Not wanting to see the punishment she'd face, she fled that night and had never been back, but she's had one visitor through these years, Benvah. He was determined to find her and bring her back so they could wed. Nerisella wasn't sure why this man was so obsessed with trying to wed her, but she'd always remember her guardian telling her about some lore dealing with soulmates. Undines were still unclear as to how these soulmates would come about or what caused this 'obsessed attraction', but she never really thought much about that absurd factor.

A noise interrupted her train of thought as she sat up and glanced at the stranger in the chair, noticing that he moved a bit and was now mumbling something under his breathe. Scrambling, she got up and made her way towards the chair where he was occupied. Crouching down besides him, she tried to shake him a bit to see if she could get him to open his eyes and finally be awake and aware, but to no avail.

The movements of his limbs started to become even more erratic than they were, swinging every which way, sometimes hitting the water basin besides him as the structure would shake and some water would dribble down the sides. His voice started to filter louder throughout the room, the mumble turning into a shout. He started shouting out things dealing with magic and a hut and something about an old woman. His limbs continued to move on their own and his shouts continued on about this vile old woman.

Nerisella didn't know what to do at this point, she never really interacted with many individuals on her travels and that includes helping others especially with whatever this is right now. Glancing around the room, her eyes landed on the water basin and her mind clicked at that moment, this had to get him to stop this craziness. Lifting her hand, the water from the basin started flowing out and wrapping around her hand and arm. Giving the liquid a push in the young man's direction, it sprayed all over his face, soaking him as the spastic movements stopped and the shouts about the old woman stopped as well. His eyes snapped open and focused their gaze on her form.

Giving the stranger a little wave and a small smile, she gestured to herself, "Hey, I"m Nerisella, are you feeling better?"

Last edited by Cateyeniki on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Cateyeniki
Cateyeniki

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Namaarie 3: Wide Awakening

Post by Gabriel PH Sun May 29, 2016 8:09 am

The cold water caused Namaarie's breathing to be more erratic than it already was. He was in shock, his consciousness was thrust back into his body only to awake in an unknown place, with an unknown woman, dripping wet. He gripped onto the chair, needing desperately to grasp something solid. "Wh-Where am I?" He quivered.

Last edited by Gabriel PH on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Nerisella 3: Explanation

Post by Cateyeniki Sun May 29, 2016 8:15 am

Grabbing the towel that was hanging on a simple hook besides the basin, she held it out for the now awake man. Nerisella was just glad he was awake after hauling him through half the city unconscious on her shoulder. Smiling gently, she answered him, "We're at a little run down place called the Hashburn Inn. I picked you up after that old woman shouted something at you and disappeared, I just didn't want to leave you there."

Last edited by Cateyeniki on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Cateyeniki
Cateyeniki

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Namaarie 4: Cruel Intentions

Post by Gabriel PH Sun May 29, 2016 8:25 am

Hesitently, Namaarie releases his grip from the chair and takes the towel to dry himself off. "Um... Thank you," He said while glancing at her, the door to the bedroom, and the window in an attempt to analyze all possible exits. "You carried me here by yourself? You also bought me a room to sleep? ...Do you know me? Has someone sent you?" Suddenly, Namaarie realizes just who she might me, "Draegyn sent you, didn't he! He thinks I'm somehow a threat to his claim to the throne and he sent you here to assassinate me!"

Last edited by Gabriel PH on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Nerisella 4: Hostile Notions

Post by Cateyeniki Sun May 29, 2016 8:35 am

Grinning, she shrugged her shoulders, "No problem, I mean I did soak you in the first place." Nerisella noticed his eyes darting around in a frenzy and that worried her a bit. Was he just going to just up and leave? "Yeah I did, but don't worry, I didn't drop you I swear." She gave a nervous laugh and continued, "Of course, I just wasn't going to leave you out on the street and let goodness knows what happen to you...No, I don't know you, it was just the right thing to do." Nerisella took a step back at his voice escalated and his accusations flew out of his mouth. She put her hands up in defense, "Whoa there! Nobody sent me okay?! I don't know anybody by the name of Draegyn and I don't assassinate anybody! I was just being nice and getting you out of the streets so you didn't get hurt or worse!" She took a step back and turned away from the man.

Last edited by Cateyeniki on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Cateyeniki
Cateyeniki

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Namaarie 5: Up in Smoke.

Post by Gabriel PH Sun May 29, 2016 8:42 am

As the blue haired woman turned away, Namaarie found the perfect opportunity to get away. Quickly, he pulled a vile out of his pocket and through it on the floor. A giant puff of thick smoke filled the room as Namaarie slipped out of the window, not even know if he was on the first floor or not. He could always attempt the fly with the wings he rarely used. What he didn't anticipate was slop outside the window, which he promptly slipped on and, by doing so, injured his ankle. Regardless, he tried as quickly as possible to limp away; maybe she would think that vile was magical and it transported him somewhere far away. In reality, he was limping down a filthy alley.

Last edited by Gabriel PH on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Nerisella 5: Rage

Post by Cateyeniki Sun May 29, 2016 8:56 am

A squeal erupted from Nerisella's mouth as the thick smoke obstructed her view and she started coughing and trying to wave the smoke away and she did until it was somewhat clear and noticed the man was gone, escaping through the window.  "That unappreciative prick!" She knew that shit he threw wasn't in any way magical as she sprinted out of the room and down the hall, passing the front desk and down the creaky wooden steps. She started running down the street where her room window was rage filling her every fiber. That's the thanks she gets for saving him from whatever danger he might have been in? As she continued running, a little huffy, she yelled out, "Really?! That's the thanks I get for saving you? Apparently you were never taught manners!!" Stopping in the middle of the street, with alleys on either side of her, she continued, "If you want to properly thank me and not accuse me of outrageous notions, you know where to find me!" Puffing her cheeks out, she turned on her heel and stomped back down to the Inn.

Last edited by Cateyeniki on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Cateyeniki
Cateyeniki

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Re: The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ

Post by Dred (Admin) Mon May 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Draegyn 7

As he stepped out onto the chilled brick path outside of Malek'so Pub & Grub, Draegyn had a strange feeling overcome him like he was being followed. He turned back to see if his halfling brother had followed him outside, but no one was behind him.

Draegyn shrugged off the feeling and walked through the mostly empty streets. It was now dark and the entire market was closed for the night.

After walking for nearly ten minutes, Draegyn stopped to ask a beggar to point him in the direction of an Inn.

"Up through that alley there should be an Inn with a big red sign. Can't miss it." said the beggar in a feeble voice.

Draegyn began to walk in that direction. "Thanks. Good luck." he said blankly as moved.

"Hey!" The beggar yelled, clearly upset that he didn't get a reward.

"Oh fine." Draegyn said as he tossed a gold coin over his shoulder. The beggar picked it up and glared at the faerie as he walked away.

"There it is," he mumbled, looking over the sub-par Inn. "Hashburn Inn. What a joke."

Pushing open the double wooden doors at the top of the creaky wooden steps, Draegyn looked around the room until he spotted the bellhop. He quickly walked up to the man and set his coin purse on the counter. "I need a room. First, tell me what you know about the elixir of life," he spoke in a hushed manner.

"Eh, what is there to tell, really? It's pretty well a kids folktale around here, mate." The man spoke in a slur.

Draegyn closed his eyes patiently for a few seconds before responding. "Look, old man. You see this coin purse? You can take a fistful of coins out on top of my payment if you just give me the information I'm looking for." His eyes narrowed in a very sincere manner.

The man's eyes brightened at the prospect of extra money. "The folktales spoke o' a well that lie somewhere on the outter edge o' town. Supposedly it has the ability to make ye immortal. 'Least that's what they say. Lot o' the locals think the Caine family may have had somethin ter do with it. That's about all I know, mate. Sorry." He reached for the coin purse eagerly and Draegyn swatted his hand away.

"Not so fast, old man. Give me a room key." Draegyn demanded, and the inn-keeper obliged. He slide the whole coin purse to the inn-keeper and smiled innocently. "For your trouble, good sir." He said in a far-too polite tone before walking away to his new room. That coin purse was chump change to Draegyn. He had plenty of gold in his rucksack, and if he ever needed more, he had no problems manipulating his way into some sort of income.

Last edited by Dred (Admin) on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Nerisella 6: Trouble

Post by Cateyeniki Tue May 31, 2016 2:01 am

Nerisella, still huffed up, went up the wooden steps and into the lobby of the Inn passing by the man behind the counter on her way back to her room. After what she just went through, all she wanted to do was lie back down and relax. Before she put the key into the keyhole, she heard movement on the other side of the door as a smirk lifted onto her face. So the stranger finally decided to come back and thank her properly like he should've done in the first place. That thought made Nerisella a little bit happier about the ordeal she went through with the paranoid white haired man.

Unlocking the door, smirk still plastered on her face, she was finally happy to hear what this stranger had to say. She was very curious as to why he acted the way he did when he first woke up. Nerisella's curiosity was getting the better of her and she hopped he'd finally give her some answers and maybe she could help him out with whatever peril he was in to have assassins be involved.

Fully opening the door, she proclaimed, "So you finally decided to thank me properly for saving your life, it's about time mister!" Stepping fully into the room, Nerisella stopped once she saw who was in her room.

"I'd advise not yelling in the middle of the street if you're trying to hide my dear."

Nerisella dropped the tan skin color that adorned her body, her skin becoming the original blue because of the man in front of her. Benvah knew her true identity and hiding was just a waste at this point. As she started to back up to retreat out the door she came through, it automatically shut before she could make it out. Looking back at the man before her, he had a grin on his face, his hand up which explained the door shutting on its own.

"What do you want Benvah, I already told you I refuse to marry you, but yet you still chase after me, just go back home!" Nerisella shouted this as she tried to jiggle the knob in case his powers were a bit weaked, but to no avail.

"I just want you to be my bride, now be a good girl and come here." Benvah lifted his other hand as her body started to drag itself against her will.

She tried desperately to struggle and wiggle her way out of his magical grasp, but her body continued to be dragged towards the awaiting man. "I refuse to be married to you Benvah, go find somebody else! I don't feel the same, how many times must I repeat myself!" An angered look came across the man's face as he snapped his wrist towards himself making her body jerk harshly and fly over to him quickly as she smacked into his chest, his arms wrapping around her plump frame in an iron like grip.

"You will love me Nerisella, it says so in the prophecy! You think you can escape this marriage, but I'll continue to look for you until the very end. You will obey me and marry me and we can finally start the new world just as the ancient ones foresaw." Benvah dragged Nerisella over to the door determined to bring her back with him.

She continued to struggle and dig her heels against the floor, but nothing was working for her. As they inched closer to the door, Nerisella was terrified at the thought of going back to her home world and facing whatever Benvah was talking about. She knew nothing of this so called 'prophecy' and quite frankly she could care less about all the nonsense he was spouting at the moment. In a desperate attempt to free herself, she decided to be a little rouge as she dug her teeth into his arm making Benvah scream out in pain as she was flung against the room's wall, sliding down and crumpling on the ground.

Using this opportunity to free herself, she quickly got up ignoring the pains and aches that filled her body and flew to the door and tried to open it only to get it halfway, seeing as his magic was still in use, but was a bit weakened. In one desperate attempt for freedom away from Benvah, Nerisella screamed hopping that somebody would hear her pleas, "Somebody help me! Anybody!"

Last edited by Cateyeniki on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Cateyeniki
Cateyeniki

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:36 am

Jaximus 1

Jax sat in his room, and started rubbing his feet. It had been weeks since he left his village, and he was tired of everyone staring at him. Apparently no one had ever seen a man who stood 7'5 and was as thick as bear. Some of the locals had started calling him The Snowbear, after seeing the beast etched on his white oak shield. He was also just tired. The Giant shield, his burden, sat next to him propped up against the wall, matching his height. His eyes scanned the giant snowbear face that reminded him of the mistake he had made.

Refocusing, he brought his attention back to the sores. His fur boots had fallen apart soon after he left the village and the boots he had been given for healing merchants daughter on the road, were much too small.

They are the largest boots I've ever made, sir giant.

Jax chuckled at the thought of the mans face, and swung his legs unto the bed, but his knees bent over the end of the small mattress. Well, small for him at least.

His eyes closed, the giant snow bear roared in his ears, and his eyes shot open. He didn't know how long he had been asleep, but there was something going on. There was shouting. Jax got up, opened the door to his room and looked to the left, then right.

Suddenly to his right, a blue skinned girl burst from another room, clearly distraught. A man was following her. No, chasing her.

The blue skinned girl, looked at him, and he met her gaze.

"Oh boy..." Jax thought to himself.

He sauntered over to the girl, and let her pass him. Though he stood in the doorway, and blocked the path of the pursuing gentlemen.

"What seems to be the issue here? I think this young lady might not want to continue whatever you had going on in there." Jax gave the man a toothy grin and winked at the girl who was now standing, out of breath, in his door way.

"Ah yes, I think it best we all went our own ways before somebody makes a very silly mistake." Jax wanted this to be lighthearted. He had no reason to hate this man, maybe the girl had done something. It wasn't his business, but he knew something didn't feel right...

Last edited by Jaximus on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dred (Admin) Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:33 am

Draegyn 8

Draegyn had left the innkeeper in a daze, counting his golden coins. As he silently made his way down the hall, he heard the sound of woman yelling for help and the banging of a door against it's frame. Draegyn rolled his eyes as he rounded the corner, just in time to witness a blue haired figure break out of the door in question and run past an excessively tall man with red hair.

"What in the seven hells is this," he muttered to himself, watching as the tall man positioned himself in the doorway and started talking.

Draegyn walked toward the small group of people, intending to get past them as his room was at the end of this hall. Once he was past the tall man, he focused his eyes on the blue haired woman and a memory clicked in his mind.

"You," he addressed the woman, "What is your name?" He spoke in a stern voice. He recalled that his half breed brother had mentioned a blue haired woman trying to assassinate him, and it occurred to him that she was runing from someone else. Perhaps this woman was in a circle of assassins and she had failed to perform her duties. "What business do you have here?" His voice become very authoritative, despite his lack of power in this new city.
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Nerisella 7: Confusion

Post by Cateyeniki Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:19 am

Nerisella finally made it out the door and instantly spotted a giant man in the doorway of his room, but due to his size he took up most of the small hallway as they locked gazes and came over blacking the hall and the room that Benvah was in. She silently thanked the stars.

The giant man gave her wink as she cleared her throat a bit to hide her embarrassment. Benvah only laughed at the giant's words.

"Listen, this doesn't concern you beast, now move aside so I can take her back where she belongs."

Nerisella shot Benvah a glare, "I will never belong to you Benvah, I already told you no, now leave me alone!" He only laughed at her words.

"You'll always belong to me, there's no escaping it and guess what love, we will marry, you'll see."

Shivering at his words, Nerisella glared openly at Benvah as she saw another man walk past her, but was surprised to hear him address her. Giving a sideways glance at the new man, she rolled her eyes. She honestly had no idea what was going on at this point... First, the ungrateful white haired man, Benvah showing up again to try and take her back and now this guy. He looked like he came from a noble family, well at least he acted like it. On the plus side though, she found a nice guy that helped her for once and for that she was grateful.

Fully turning to the new man, she crossed her arms arms and glared at him. "If you want to ask a question, try to be a little nicer, but the name's Nerisella." She didn't like this man already, the way he tried to authoritative with his voice, she didn't like it. It's not like he was higher than her since he was in the same run down Inn as the rest of them. "I could ask you the same thing, did you lose your way to your little silver spoon or what?" Nerisella gave a laugh at her own snide remark and continued, "Why don't you tell me your name first before we swap backstories here."

Last edited by Cateyeniki on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Cateyeniki
Cateyeniki

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Namaarie 12: Dispelling Suspicions

Post by Gabriel PH Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:49 am

Namaarie's eyes darted from the giant man, to Benvah, to the blue haired girl, Nerisella, then finally to his brother. So much happened in such a short amount of time. From the moment he stepped foot in The Galvanized City, it has been nothing but commotion. The strange woman and her mysterious cloth that transported him to a remote location was still fresh in his mind. His brother, the bane of his existence, was plaguing the city with his opulent persona, and it turns out the blue haired girl was the one really being chased. Did Draegyn really not know her? Even if that was true, Draegyn was here and so was Namaarie. Namaarie meant every single word he said during his confrontation with his brother and even if Draegyn really didn't send someone to kill him, Namaarie had more than enough reason to put an end to is petulant brother once and for all.

Suddenly, Namaaire felt a pulse and an intense pain that tinged his entire line of sight. Usually in his astral form, everything appears to be cast in a faint blue hue. This pulse of pain, which felt like a lightening strike to him, changed the blue hue to something that better resembled sepia. Obviously something was not right, Namaarie blinked back into his body in the pub and the striking pain had been localized to his led. His now swollen ankle felt hot to the touch, it was worse than he thought. He limped to the door, stumbled down the steps and made it to open air. He looked around for space to take flight then braced himself and propelled into the night sky. He knew that every town had a medicine shop but he was in no position to walk around the city in search of it. After gliding for less than ten minutes, he saw a dimly lit shop with a pestle and mortar sign above the window. He glided down and looked through the window. He expected to see the shop keeper closing up shop for the night, what he saw in stead was a man fervently yelling at a young blonde woman. Desensitized to the calamity that surrounds The Galvanized City, he decided to ignore the craziness and enter.

*Namaarie exits this thread to enter Jargen's Apothecary*
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 am

Jaximus 2

Jaximus began to feel like he had stepped into a situation that was over his head, and given his height, that was saying something. He looked at the man whom claimed to own this blue girl, and then the man who was shouting at the blue girl.

"By the Gods above and Below, what the hell is going on here?"
Jaximus spoke in his lowest register, booming through the halls.

He reached out with his left arm and a deep blue shield went over the doorway, blocking the first mans voice and any attempts to enter the hallway. He then turned to look at the new man:

"It is very clear you don't know this woman, and it is obvious her night isn't going very well. Perhaps you could postpone the interrogations until a more appropriate setting can be established..."

Jax puffed up his chest and filled the hallway the best he could with his body, between the new man and woman.

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dred (Admin) Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:56 am

Draegyn 9

Draegyn ignored the snide remark about losing his way that the girl made and crossed his arms. "I don't believe I owe you my name, assassin." He looked over at the large man that was now addressing him. For a split second his eyes widened, and then returned to normal size in the same swiftness.

"I don't believe this matter concerns you, buddy, so why don't you just focus on fending off crazy over there." he turned his eyes toward Benvah for emphasis. He turned back to the woman he had previously addressed. 

"Who sent you to kill the half breed?" He asked in the same authoritative voice he had used earlier. "More importantly, who told you to use me as an excuse for your vices? Now that idiot thinks I have a reason to want him dead."

Under normal circumstances, it was very likely that he could get the information he wanted out of this woman simply by looking into her eyes as he spoke. However, his irritation was getting the better of him and he didn't have the focus to attempt his seductive gaze on this woman. Perhaps he would get lucky and she would just spill the secrets without any supernatural provocation.
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Nerisella 8: Outrageous Assumptions

Post by Cateyeniki Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:10 am

Nerisella felt her head spinning at this point, this was just getting out of hand and fast. Looking up at the giant she laughed dryly, "Your guess is as good as mine...the only lunatic that I know here is him.", she pointed at Benvah as a scowl came upon her lips at the mere sight of him.

Her eyes widened at the sight of the shield overtaking the whole hall and splitting Benvah from this new man and she was grateful. The only sane person right now was this giant man in front of her, she wasn't going to question the good fortune of having this kind stranger help her with this odd situation.

Silently thanking the kind giant again, Nerisella turned her attention back to this newcomer, the scowl returning to her face.

"Assassin? Look, I don't like being called things I'm not..." As she was talking to his arrogant man, a thought struck her as she stopped for a moment. Her eyes widened at the memory that came back to her.

"Half breed...wait, the only other person who pegged me as an assassin was the white haired man I helped earlier before he went crazy on me and ran away." Nerisella looked back at the stranger and raised a brow. So, turns out this jerk knew the crazy white haired man, but how? The way he talked about him angered her a bit, but she shrugged that thought off and continued on.

"Again, stop with that pathetic attempt at using that high and mighty tone of yours and try being polite for once. Fine, don't grace me with your name, I don't care." Scoffing up at the man she rolled her eyes at him.

"Look, I'm no assassin okay? I helped the man you know when some old hag did something to him and he was in the street out cold. Nobody sent me to do anything, I don't answer to anybody buddy, I've been traveling alone." Scrunching her nose up in disgust at the stranger that was accusing her of such outrageous things, she stuck her tongue out at him in a child like manner.

"Next time you talk to someone, I suggest not assuming such ridiculous notions of them before you even speak with them." Smirking up at the man, she felt a bit proud of herself at the moment.
Cateyeniki
Cateyeniki

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:36 am

Jaximus 3

Jaximus listened to the entire exchange without taking his eyes off the highborn. He kept thinking to himself how badly he didn't want to fight him.

I'm bigger than him, but he is clearly trained professionaly. I might be able to hold him off, but I'm sure he could kill me, given the chance.

Images of a sword gutting him, a dagger in his neck, or the man's fingers digging into his eyes filled his head. He felt his shield weakening as the his fears grew larger.

No.

He pushed the thoughts away and the shield returned to full strength. As bad as this situation was, he couldn't make it worse by letting the first man through the door.

"Ma'am" Jaximus began "I might appreciate knowing what you plan to do next. If you are willing to talk to this man, the highborn, than we can avoid a fight. If you'd rather not I suggest you might head for the door, I'm not sure how long I could keep both of these guys off your tail."

His right arm held the giant Oak shield against the doorway, leaving only his left arm for full use. He could cast an ethereal shield to block both paths, but it wouldn't be very strong, and that would drain him quickly.

Wait a minute, this Hallway isn't big enough for them to pass my shield, and I don't need to protect this highborn. Jax lifted the shield and backed up away from the door in one motion, blocking most of the hallway. He heard the first man enter the hallway and try to get around the shield, but it was no use. There was less than 5 inches between the walls and the shield, and even less room between the ceiling and the top of the shield. He backed up, almost to the blue woman.

"Perhaps now you have time to make a decision on how you prefer to handle this pickle." He gave her a big goofy grin.....

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dred (Admin) Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:55 am

Draegyn 10

Draegyn glared at the blue haired woman. "That white haired man is my sad excuse for a half brother. I could care less about you travelling alone. All I know is that he was afraid of you and seemed to think I was behind you trying to kill him." He backed up as the large giant made a barrier between him and the blue haired girl. He was now alone with the blue haired man.

"Great. Put me with crazy," he yelled over the shield as he turned to the doorway, watching as the man exited.

"Who are you, coming after my betrothed like that?" Benvah shouted, pulling his hands up in a magic casting battle stance.

Draegyn opened his eyes calmly as he focused on the man. His violet eyes began to glow and a faint smokey aura emitted from his irises. "Calm yourself, sir. I meant no ill will toward your beautiful fiance. I was only relaying information." He smiled politely at the man, contrasting heavily with is previous demeanor.

"You're right. I over reacted. Let me apologize to both you and my beloved. I'll just wait here while you sort out your quarrel." The blue haired man stated as his eyelids relaxed and amore oblivious smile appeared on his face. He relaxed into the wall behind him.

"Good. Now that that's over, why don't you tell me what the deal is with my brother thinking you're an assassin?" He said loudly over the top of the shield.
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Nerisella 9: Escape

Post by Cateyeniki Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:16 am

Nerisella smiled up at the giant, happy to finally have someone on her side for once through this whole crazy situation. "Don't worry, I just have a few things to say and I'll leave." Smiling at the shield between Benvah and this strange newcomer, he glared at the man who spouted all the nonsense of her being an assassin and such.

"Well maybe if you weren't such an ass, maybe your brother wouldn't of thought you were trying to kill him." Smirking, Nerisella was glad the jerk was with Benvah. "Well, maybe it's where you belong!" She yelled back.

Her eyes narrowed at the exchange Benvah and this man were partaking in, something wasn't right, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Shaking her head, she focused her attention back on the strange man.

"I already told you he went crazy after he came to and went rogue. Seeing what he has for a brother, I understand his actions now." Turning away from the stranger, she smiled up at the giant and patted the part of his arm she could reach.

"Thank you so much for helping me out sir, I'm not sure how I can repay your kindness, but if you ever need my help just pray at any body of water and repeat my name- it's Nerisella." Giving the giant one last smile, Nerisella sprinted down the hallway and out the door intending to get away from the Inn.

*Nerisella exits this thread and goes to the Pub*
Cateyeniki
Cateyeniki

Back to top Go down

The Streets of Inferos Cisternæ Empty Namaarie 16: The day gets better as it goes on.

Post by Gabriel PH Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:37 am

Namaarie entered the Inn right as Nerisella left. Still slightly apprehensive of her, he gave her space as she left. As he walked toward the commotion in the hallway, he realized that he actually had no real game plan. What he saw before him was somehow gratifying. Draegyn appeared to be trapped with another blue-haired person by some sort of magic the half-giant was creating. With a slight smirk on his face, Namaarie called out to Draegyn to signal that he was there to witness a miracle. For once, Draegyn wasn't getting his way.
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:45 am

Jaximus 4

As Nerisella sprinted away, Jax felt happy for the first time since he had helped the little girl on the road. The blue woman had said she didn't know how to repay him, and that if he ever needed help to pray at a body of water, but he would have settled for some boots that fit him!

Turning back to the Highborn, and the less likable blue person, Jax backed up until he was at the entrance to his room, and placed the giant shield against the wall in his room. Exiting the cramped space, he was now looking at the highborn and the blue man. He was glad that had ended without violence, or at least it had so far. He was also confused as to who or what the white haired person was shouting at the highborn for, maybe this was who Nerisella wasn't trying murder.

Jax rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand and walked up to the highborn.

"Sorry about sticking you with Blueboy here, I just didn't want the lady to get hurt."

He extended his right hand to the man, hoping they could shake, and part as friends.

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum