Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Iron Maiden

4 posters

Go down

The Iron Maiden Empty The Iron Maiden

Post by Dred (Admin) Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:51 am

The Iron Maiden DSC_4874

The Iron Maiden 08a_forge_island

On the inside of this metalworking shop, the room was dark, illuminated solely by the forge at the back of the room. Iron filets were scattered across the work benches, along with partially worked rods of iron and steel.

Björn, the shop keeper, was hammering furiously at a superheated rod of Damascus steel, forming it into the blade of an incomplete great sword. As he finished the pristine profile of the blade, he shoved it in the forge's oven before pulling another rod from another forge and working on it. After a few moments, he retrieved the great sword and hurriedly lunged its white body into a vat of oil, quenching the heat as smoke and gentle flames spiraled upward from the barell.

Last edited by Dred (Admin) on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

https://planetexitium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Iron Maiden Empty Re: The Iron Maiden

Post by Dred (Admin) Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:33 am

Draegyn 22

Draegyn wandered into the armory with an exhausted expression plaguing his face. He eyed the man hammering away at a white hot piece of iron before clearing his throat. When the man didn't seem to hear him, he walked a bit closer.

"Yes?" The large man boomed impatiently, not looking up from his project. Sweat was pouring from his face and his tunic was lined with unfortunate salt rings from a day of hard labor.

"I was wondering if you could perhaps improve my companion'a new boots with steel guards and plates." Draegyn stated, matter-of-factly. He pointed behind him and the large man raised his head.

"I see no one." he said, his tone dripping with annoyance.

Draegyn turned to look for his new guard and found no one behind him. "You've got to be kidding me, what now?" He padded over to a near window and gazed out into the streets, hoping to see where the other two had went. "Just wait, they'll be here. And you've got your work cut out for you, but I have plenty of gold to make it worth your while."
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:48 am

Jax walked opened the door to the metal working shop and walked in to find Draegyn glaring out of the front window at his brother and their new companion.

"Hey, have you talked to the smith yet?"

Draegyn looked up from the window and glared at Jax intently.

"Never mind.." Jax spouted quickly before noticing the man almost as large as he is, though much older.

"Hello sir, my name is Jax and I was wondering if perhaps you would armor my fine new boots?"

Jax pointed down at his feet, though the armorer didn't move to look at them, and he was pretty sure he couldn't see them from where he was standing.

"Boy, I'll tell you!" Jax grinned at the man "These new boots are a life saver! My old boots were much too small for my feet. Blistered me up something fierce. These boots were just finished over at the thread shop. That lady over there does some damn fine work. Draegyn made her stay up all last night to finish these boots. Seeing as how she didn't have any that fit my feet pre made or nothing."

Jax looked from Draegyn to the metal worker awkwardly, as no one was responding to his conversation.

"Yeah....hey mister, you got any swords that would be big enough for me? All of the swords I've ever tried to use felt like toothpicks. I mean my shield usually requires 2 hands, but maybe if I just had one in case. I can't say I'm much good with a sword though, I don't much like to cut things. I'm more of a stop you from attacking me kind of guy. Not a cut your guts out fella." Jax chuckled at his joke. Alone.

"Yeah..."

Jax stopped talking, and waited for Namaarie to come inside.

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

The Iron Maiden Empty Namaarie 27

Post by Gabriel PH Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:56 am

Namaarie walked into the Iron Maiden assuming Lythil was trailing behind. He wondered if Draegyn knew that finishing the boots here would probably take even longer than they took at the seamstress's shop. After he entered the shop and found Jax and Draegyn, he stopped and wondered why exactly he felt so comfortable with Lythil. After all, he just met her. Then, Namaarie realized how racked with anxiety he had been since he came to The Galvanized City and all the strange things that had happened in such a short amount of time. Why did Lythil make him feel so calm?
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dred (Admin) Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Draegyn 23

Draegyn glanced at Bear with an expression of annoyance and watched as his half breed brother entered behind the giant. "Right, so can we get these damned boots armored already so we can get on the road?" Draegyn looked at the large boots, then up to the broad-shouldered smith standing in front of them.

"Five hundred gold pieces for a job this big." the man stated unapologetically.

Draegyn laughed, and then when the man didn't join him, his face quickly changed to one of disbelief. "You've GOT to be kidding me! That's outrageous. What traveler would carry that much on them?" His arms spread out in a gesture of absurdity.

"That's not my problem." The smith stated in more of a growl this time. Draegyn was beginning to see that this man was going to be a problem.

He stepped toward the smith and got close to his face, as his eyes began to glow a bright shade of violet. "Are you sure you couldn't cut us any kind of deal? A big guy like you surely doesn't have any problem making boots of this size."

The smith rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Four eighty, then."

Shit.

"Perhaps you misunderstood me. No logical traveler is going to carry that much gold on them. It's absurd to even make such an offer." Draegyn glared at the man. Somehow he had resisted Draegyn's seduction, causing it to have a very weak effect.

"Again, not my problem." the smith said with finality. "If you want to afford these boots, big guy here can help me out for the day by carrying in the heavy ores I have laying out back and stacking them neatly," he turned and pointed to a corner, "over there."

Draegyn looked at Bear with expectation. "I don't have the gold available. Bear, do you agree to his contingencies, even though that's going to set us back yet another day?" He sneered, rolling his eyes at the thought of being postponed even further. He had no choice. The man was resisting his charm and he only had a limited supply of gold in his rucksack.
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arihant Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:59 am

Ari stepped into the building, following the young half faerie in from the streets. He was moving quietly, so nobody noticed he had entered behind the young noble, or "half noble", he laughed to himself at the joke while listening to the exchange between Bjorn and the actual noble. He scoffed at the man complaining about the expensive boots. "This fool didn't earn anything. Born into money and he complains about paying an honest wage for boots for his lackey. What a joke."

"I don't have the gold available. Bear, do you agree to his contingencies, even though that's going to set us back yet another day?"

Ari decided to speak up "Excuse me, Sir Noble, I do apologize for ease dropping, but I may be of some assistance."

Surprised everyone looked at the doorway, and him.

"I happen to have 300 coins in my purse here." Ari smiled slyly at Bjorn, who's expression changed as soon as he saw Ari. "If you can provide another 100, I'm sure Bjorn wouldn't mind giving me a discount of 80 coins." Ari gave Bjorn a toothy smile, he understood the message.

"That will serve" Bjorn drew his eyes to his feet.

"Ah, good, I do have a favor to ask of you, though, nobleman. Please keep the royal family in your prayers, as I fear they have fallen into danger of late."

Ari walked over to the counter, beside the noble, and dropped his promised about on the table.

"And Bjorn, I do hope you find someone to move those ores, I can't have my investment looking so....shabby."

Ari turned his attention to the nobleman and outstretched his hand.

"Do excuse my manors, My name is Ari, Im known around the city as Ari the Kind."

Arihant

Back to top Go down

The Iron Maiden Empty Namaarie 28

Post by Gabriel PH Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:34 am

Namaarie stood back and watched the interaction between the three of them; Ari, Draegyn, and the smith. Namaarie noticed something putrid about Ari; not in the way he smelled, but in his presence- his very entity. "Don't accept that money Draegyn- I don't think it's completely necessary to accept money from a stranger." Namaarie glanced at Ari, trying not to be too obvious that he didn't trust him. "Jax, if I'm able to help you carry some ore, I will."
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Jax looked from Draegyn, to Ari, and back to Namaarie.

"I don't mind working for my boots. That ore doesn't look too heavy! But thank you, Sir." Jax grinned at Ari and looked again at Namaarie. "Don't worry about it Namaarie, I can handle it."

Ari smiled "I love to see a man who's willing to work for what he has. But I insist. Think of it not as a gift, or charity, but as a thank you for being patrons at this establishment. A discount, if you will."

Jax smiled "A discount! Well thank you sir! I was warned this city was a dangerous place, but I have seen nothing but kindness from everyone, minus the blue man who was bothering that woman. This will save us much time on our quest as well!"

Jax looked to Draegyn for a response....

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dred (Admin) Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:10 am

Draegyn 24

Draegyn held up his hand as if to silence his brother and his new companion. "I don't know you, Ari the Kind, nor do I wish to. If I accept your discount," he sneered at the word, "then I'll just owe you something later. I have no intention of acquiring debts. Feel free to leave."

Björn raised his head with a horrified expression at Draegyn's words. "Oh, no, I'd be happy to accept just the hundred coins for the boots, you won't owe him anything! A-Arihant has always been very generous!" The large brawny man stuttered.

Draegyn eyed the armorer with disbelief and rolled his eyes. "Fine," he dug around in his satchel for precisely one hundred coins and tossed them on the checkout counter, "I haven't got any time to waste as it is." He turned to Bear and motioned for the giant to hand the man his boots.

He then turned his attention to his brother and hinted with his eyes to keep an eye on the newcomer. It was clear that something was up between the armorer and Ari, and he could tell that his brother had caught on.
Dred (Admin)
Dred (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arihant Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:29 am

Ari looked at Draegyn with kind eyes "I do apologize, I didn't mean to impose. I am an investor in almost every shop in the City. I try to assist someone in need at least once a day. I saw an opportunity, I didn't mean to offend. I really should be on my way, in any case." Looked at Bjorn "My dear Bjorn, our business meeting will have to wait, I'm afraid, I only came by to reschedule. I have business at Bone Chill Manor I must attend to post haste."

Ari turned and looked at the Giant "Sir, that shield is quite impressive, I do hope these boots serve you well" he then turned to Naamarie "and a good day to you as well, sir." He dipped his head and started for the door...

Arihant

Back to top Go down

The Iron Maiden Empty Namaarie 29

Post by Gabriel PH Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:38 am

Namaarie knew the second "The Bonechill Manor" slipped from Ari's lips that somehow he would be bound to the newly formed group of strangers that Namaarie accompanied. Reluctantly, Namaarie asked the obligatory question, "What has you headed to the manor?"
Gabriel PH
Gabriel PH

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaximus Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:54 am

Jaximus took off his boots and handed them to Bjorn.

"Thank you, sir" and gave him a smile.

As Ari complimented his shield, he patted it and nodded at him.

Then he realized "wait, he is going to Bone Chill manor too? That's odd."

As if Namaarie had read his mind, he asked the question. Jax looked to see if Draegyn had noticed as well...

Jaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down